Exhibiting Artist Information
Due to Covid-19, we invite you to join us for our legendary down home show in its exciting new format!
The Fred Oldfield Western Heritage & Art Center is honored to be sponsoring the 2020 Oldfield Art Show. This year we will be having an online gallery, Three online Auctions, and Three intimate Auction Preview Parties at the Fred Oldfield Western Heritage & Art Center in Puyallup, WA. You are cordially invited to submit your application for juried participation in this show.
Show highlights include
- 3 Online Auction
- Online Gallery Show Oct 1-31
- 3 Preview Parties at the Fred Oldfield Western Heritage & Art Center in Puyallup, WA
- Peoples Choice Award Presented Oct 31st at the closing ceremony
- $150 per artist (no hidden costs)
This year’s Online Gallery Show will run October 1 – 31
We are building a web site just for the Oldfield Show. It will showcase each of you and your work just as if you had a booth in our show.
- You will have a photo of you & your work on the home page.
- The patrons will click on you and a minimum of 5 pieces (max 15 pieces) that will be for sale will pop up along with your bio, video, links, etc.
- The links will be to your web page and all your personal social media sites.
- The drop-dead deadline for entry into the online gallery show will be August 1st!!!
There will also be an optional opportunity for you to add a link to a personal 3-minute video. The video will be you saying “Hi, I’m Joella, please come in & view my gallery, or watch me do a demo, or I want to share my work with you”. We have hints for you to make it a great video giving the patrons a way to experience you and your work on a more personal level. If you engage them you can make a friend online as well as you can in person. Click here for tips.
The Online Show will begin on Oct 1st and end on Oct 31st. This gives you an opportunity to have your work out there for the patrons to enjoy for a month instead of just one weekend!!!
There will be only one charge for the online show of $150 per artist and no commission from any online sales ~ just as if you were at a show and paying for a booth. You will also be handling your own sales. There will be a form for the patrons to fill out as they want to purchase a piece and a copy will come directly to you. There will be no hidden additional costs of building the web site or having it maintained throughout the show. That will include setting up all your photos and links and promoting the show. This will be handled by our Advertising Agency and Webmaster.
Patrons will be able to choose their favorite piece for Peoples Choice. This award will be presented on October 31st at our closing ceremony!
To be included in our online gallery, please fill out the form by clicking on the button below.
- Please note that your personal information is secure. We require a bio of up to 500 Words, a photo of you, 5-15 pieces of artwork for sale (with Price, title, size and medium noted), and a payment of $150 are required to be able to submit this form.
- Optionally you can include links to your web page, social media accounts, and a short video (no longer than 3 min please).
- Please be sure that all artwork for sale has a title, size, medium and price listed.
- The deadline is August 1st!
Three (3) Online Auctions
- Oct 4-10 – The Major Auction – large and major new works
- Oct 11-17 – The Miniature auction – maximum size 11 x 14 or 9” or smaller sculpture
- Oct 18 – 24 – The Fred Oldfield Western Heritage & Art Center Benefit Auction
To participate in any of our auctions please fill out the separate auction form and attach photos of your work (Click here). Please include Title, size, medium, and minimum bid. Optionally you may include a story about your piece. We may share the story while live broadcasting on Saturday night.
Major & Miniature Auction Requirements
- Major & Miniature Auction Pieces will be screened and displayed online by color photos. NO PHOTO – NO AUCTION!!!
- 30% Commission.
- Four (4) pieces per artist may be submitted for the auctions. You will be notified of which pieces have been accepted.
- Absolutely NO lithographs and/or prints will be accepted.
- The maximum size for the miniature pieces are: 11 x 14 or smaller for paintings,
- 9” or smaller for sculptures.
- You may set a minimum bid on any auction item, however, we reserve the right to reject any item that has, what we feel is, an unreasonable minimum. All Major pieces will have an automatic minimum bid of $100. All Miniature pieces will have an automatic minimum bid of $50. There will be no minimum on the Benefit auction.
- The deadline is August 1st. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Benefit Auction Requirements
This auction may consist of originals and prints. All proceeds will benefit the children’s “Experience Art” program at the Fred Oldfield Western Heritage & Art Center. 100% Donation on Prints ~ 50% Donation on originals! Please let us know if you’d like to donate more than 50% on your originals. The Kids Thank You!
Other Auction Details
- All the Auction Sales will be handled through the Heritage Center and we will charge a commission and mail you a check after the close of the show. There will not be a set-up fee. We will need your Auction Photos by August 1st and your Auction items delivered or shipped to us by Sept 15th
- Mail to Joella Oldfield, 525 Broadway #301, Tacoma WA 98402
- Hand Deliver to Fred Oldfield Western Heritage & Art Center, 110 9th Ave SW, Puyallup WA (Please call and set up a time to deliver paintings as the center is temporarily closed. 253-752-9708)
- All Auction items will be hung and pre-viewable at the Fred Oldfield Western Heritage and Art Center.
- There will be an intimate Auction Preview Party at the Fred Oldfield Western Heritage and Art Center with Live Broadcasts and awards on Saturday, October 10th, 17th, & 24th from noon to 8 pm. We encourage all Artist to attend and meet the Patrons.