Summer Art Camps
Subscribe to our Summer Camp 2021 mailing list
Join us for In – Person Summer Camps
- Monday – Friday from 9:30 am-12:30 pm
- $125 for each summer art camp
- Camp is open to grades k-12 (Some camps are offered for specific ages, see descriptions below)
- Send your child with their own snack (snack time will be provided each day – no peanuts please)
- Art can stain, so please wear appropriate clothing
- Exciting, challenging & rewarding!
- When a camp has zero seats remaining, you will have the option to WAITLIST. If we have enough interest, we may be able to open up more seats and will notify you with the contact info you provide us.
Summer Art Camps
2021 Registration is Open
Summer Art Camps Schedule 2021
- How to Draw Anime and Manga (Teen)
- Paint, Paint, Paint and More (Middle)
- Color me Crazy (Elementary)
- Fantasy Art (Teen)
- Craft Creations (Middle)
- Art Explosion
- Flip it! Camp (Teen)
- eARTh Camp (middle)
- Colour Blast (Elementary)
July 26 – 30
- Hodge Podge Camp (Teen)
- Art Through the Ages (Middle)
- Fun with Art (Elementary)
- Sculpture Camp (Teen)
- The Great Outdoors (Middle)
- Dirty Hands, Messy Faces (Elementary)
- Mural Camp (Teen)
- Galaxy Camp (Middle)
- Paint, Paint, Paint and more (Elementary)
- Redesign, Upcycling Camp (Teen)
- Exploring Art Through Color, Texture and Sound (Middle)
- Tropical Fun (Elementary)
All evening workshops are from 5pm – 7pm. Cost is $15 per class.
- June 23 – Kick Off Workshop : Beach Canvas
- June 30 – Kick Off Workshop : Whimsical World
- July 13- Workshop with Mary
- July 15 – Workshop with Mary
- July 29 – Workshop with Mary
- August 3 – Cinderall Ballet Workshop
- August 5 – Modern Dance Workshop
- August 10 – Workshop with Mary
- August 12 – Workshop with Mary
Frequently Asked Questions
What should my child wear to camp?
Please dress your child in clothes that can get dirty and stained. We recommend you send them in an oversized t-shirt that can act as their designated painting/art shirt. In the past, we have provided paint shirts each week for students, but as we’ve grown in numbers the laundering of these shirts has become cumbersome for our volunteers.
Do you provide a snack?
In past years we have provided a snack, however as we have grown in numbers and dietary restrictions continue to increase, we now ask that you send your child with a snack each day. We will have a designated snack time as kids need a break. Please do not send anything with peanuts. Also, it’s always a good idea to send the kids with a water bottle labeled with their name as well.
What happens if my child gets sick and misses camp?
If a child misses 1-2 days of camp we will do our best to make up any missed projects during breaks. If a child gets ill and misses 3-5 days of camp we will let that child attend another camp at no cost (if there are still spots available) or credit your account to be used for future classes or camps. Please call 253-752-9708 to make arrangements.
What discounts and deals do you offer?
Register early and save! From time to time we will offer coupon codes and promotions – sign up on our e-mail list to be notified and check our Facebook Page Fred’s Creative Kids.
Where do I park?
Construction Notice updated July 2019: 9th Ave SW is currently under construction. We recommend you take 7th Ave SW and turn towards the fair on either 3rd St SW or 4th St SW past the road closed signs and park in the grass lot. Alternate parking can also be found in the Red Gate parking lot.
There is street parking along 9th Ave SW between Fairview Drive and S. Meridian. You can also park along 4th St SW or the green grass lot across from the red gate at the intersection of 4th St SW and 9th Ave SW.
Where is the entrance to the Fred Oldfield Western Heritage and Art Center?
We are located inside the Red Gate of the WA State Fairgrounds — 9th Ave SW between Fairview Drive and S. Meridian. To the left of the red-roofed ticket counters — look for big blue hanging sign that says “Fred’s Creative Kids Art Classes.” You will enter through the black iron gate and then into the building on the left through the brown door.
What Our Art Students Are Saying
“My kids attended one of the Art Camps this summer, and now they are really enjoying their weekly art lessons. They’re learning to draw, paint, explore different mediums, and much more. Everyone there has been really friendly, too! Thank you for providing this awesome opportunity!”
“My children have been enrolled in the Fred Oldfield Art Center for the last 3 years. The teachers and staff are very friendly, caring, and provide an environment where my children feel inspired to create and learn various skills. It’s a great place for exploring the arts.”
“Most amazing experience for my children. They love his art.”