Due to the COVID-19 Crisis, we have made the difficult decision to Cancel our 2020 Spring Invitational. Please join us for our Spring Invitational in May of 2021!
Spring Invitational Art Show
More details to come as we get closer to the event date.
Enjoy Wine, Cheese, Chocolate, Art, Art, and more Art!
This year we are excited to have a juried show, with Juror and Judge Judy Fairley!
Our Opening Night will have Wine, catered Hors d’oeuvres and Live Music!
Join us for a fun night of art, enjoying all subject matters! – Impressionistic, Contemporary, landscapes, western, modern, still life, florals, portraits, nautical, whimsical, etc… Awards will be presented.
Then join us again for the Closing Reception where the Peoples Choice Award will be presented. And there will, of course, be more refreshments, music, and fun!
ADDITIONAL SHOW DATES:
June 6 & 7 – 1:00 pm – 4:00pm ~ Free
June 13 & 14 – 1:00 pm – 4:00pm ~ Free
June 20 & 21 – 1:00 pm – 4:00pm ~ Free
This Years Juror and Judge will be:
Judy may be assisted by other professional artists
ELIGIBILITY & CATEGORIES:
All artists are welcome to enter up to 4 pieces per category, but only 2 pieces per category will be accepted into the show.
Entry is open to original, traditional two-dimensional paintings of all genres. This year there will be no Digital art or Photography. All art must be at least 4”x 6” (minimum size not including frame) to 48” x 48” (maximum size not including frame). All pieces must be wired for hanging with screws & wires. = claw hangers will not be allowed. There is a 30# weight limit.
Entry is open to both professional and emerging artists
- Pastel / drawing
- Mixed media (scratchboard, pen & ink, pencil, multiple medias, etc)
Prize money and ribbons will be awarded in each category.
Judges Award $100 – one for each category – given at opening reception.
Peoples choice award $100 – given at closing reception
Ribbons will be given for 2nd and 3rd place in each category, as well as other awards
ENTERING YOUR IMAGES:
Submission fees are non- refundable.
$20 for first entry per category. $10 for each entry after, up to 4 per category. Entries will only be accepted through www.onlinejuriedshows.com. The non-refundable fee will be charged when entering your art.
You can enter your image at www.onlinejuriedshows.com.
Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.onlinejuriedshows.com/hlp.aspx
For best results, make sure your image is 1920 pixels @72dpi on the Longest side. Images should be in jpeg format, sRGB color space.
If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949-287-8645
SALES & COMMISSION:
All paintings must be for sale and priced by the artist. A 30% commission will be charged on all sales. All proceeds benefit the children art program at the Fred Oldfield Western Heritage & Art Center
- March 5 – May 1 – Entries will be open to submit online
- May 1, midnight – Deadline for submission to Juried Show
- May 11 – acceptance announcements emailed
- May 25, 2:00 – 5:00 pm & May 26, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm – all accepted art must arrive at the Fred Oldfield Western Heritage & Art Center (Washington State Fairgrounds – Red Gate, Puyallup WA)
- June 27 – Closing Ceremony 11:00 am – 1:00 pm. Unsold art may be picked up after closing ceremony from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- June 28, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm – all unsold art must be picked up.
Artists are responsible for delivering their art to the Center, or making arrangements to get it their no later than May 27. If you need to ship your art, you may mail it to:
Att: Joella Oldfield
525 Broadway #301
Tacoma, WA 98402
Please do not mail artwork to the Fairgrounds or the the Fred Oldfield Center as no one will be able to receive it there.
Artist is responsible for all shipping cost, delivery and return of unsold art
Artists will be responsible for retrieving, or making arrangements for retrieval of their unsold art at the end of the show.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- For help with submitting, go to www.onlinejuriedshows.com. email: email@example.com or call 949-409-4061
- For specific questions about the show or the Fred Oldfield Western Heritage & Art Center, please go to www.fredoldfieldcenter.org. email firstname.lastname@example.org. or call 253-752-9708.
- The Fred Oldfield Western Heritage & Art Center is located inside the Washington State Fair Events Center, Red Gate, Puyallup, WA. 110 9th Ave SW, Puyallup WA
- Shipping Address: Att: Joella Oldfield, 525 Broadway #301, Tacoma, WA 98402
- Please do not mail artwork to the Fairgrounds or the the Fred Oldfield Center as no one will be able to receive it there.
All reasonable care will be taken with paintings and submissions. FOWHAC, its officers, and volunteers shall not be held responsible for the loss and damage to paintings or frames. By entering the show, you agree that you have read and will abide by all the rules outlined in this prospectus. You understand and agree with this statement.
Insurance for any loss or damage to artwork is the sole responsibility of the participating artist. The artist grants permission to reproduce work for publicity purposes, both print and digital galleries. This permission includes use of images and supporting information in our blog, on our website or other means of promotion. Copyright will be attributed to the artist. Entry into this exhibition constitutes agreement with all conditions set forth in this prospectus.
Juror & Judge
Judy Fairley taught pastel through Walla Walla Community College and has been an active member of the valley art center in Clarkston, WA for over 40 years. She grew up in Clarkston, where she and her twin sister helped on the family’s horse and cattle ranch. Her experiences while growing up have provided her with endless hours of painting material.
She has shown all over the United States and Canada, and has been affiliated with “Women Artist of the West” for over 40 years as a signature member. She is an artist in residence at the Dahmen Artisan Barn in Uniontown, WA.
Advisory board member and member of the Board of Directors of the Oldfield Show and the Fred Oldfield Western Heritage Center located in Puyallup, Washington. More information about this award-winning artist may be found on her website www.judyfairley.com or on the Women Artists of the West member listing page: www.waow.org or on the Artisans at the Dahmen Barn site: www.artisanbarn.org or contact me by Click here.
- Nancy McLaughlin Award for Excellence and Versatility – 2011
- Juror’s Choice – W.A.O.W – Annual Show – SAKS – Denver, CO – 2009
- Terry Ludwig Pastel Award – W.A.O.W – Annual Show – Rockport, TX – 2011
- Numerous Best of Show & Peoples Choice Awards
- Dahmen Artisan Barn – Uniontown, WA
- Valley Art Center – Clarkston, WA
- Pastel Society of Colorado
- I.S.S.A. – International Society of Scratchboard Artists Signature Member
- Member (43 years) – Women Artists of the West – Signature Member
- Advisory Board Member – Oldfield Western Art Show and Sale – Puyallup, WA
- Member – Dahmen Artisan Barn – Uniontown, WA
- Vice President – Valley Art Center – Clarkston, WA