We are excited about our future at the Fred Oldfield Western Heritage & Art Center – a future that we hope includes you! With your help, support and encouragement we have been able to accomplish many wonderful projects at the Center already – we need you to stay on our team!! Every non-profit group relies on a core of volunteers to serve as their heart – we are hoping that you will be the Heart of the Heritage & Art Center!
We have many exciting projects in the works that will be dependent on volunteer help. Today we are asking you to consider offering your skills and talents. So, please scan the list below to find what needs of the Center match your interests.
- Volunteer Coordination: Contacting and scheduling volunteers as needed
- Staffing the Center: Greet and talk to visitors, sell gift shop items – Saturdays from 12-Noon to 4pm (2 or 4-hour shifts)
- Docent: Give tours and tell stories for special events
- Mailings: Label, sort, stuff and mail invitations, newsletters, etc.
- Phones: Contact schools, patrons and others regarding special programs
- Gift shop maintenance: Assist in displays and pricing of items
- Events Staging: Setting up, tearing down, decorating
- Kitchen Help: Make and serve coffee and refreshments for special events
- Greeters: Welcome folks to special events
- Publicity: Coordinate and prepare advertising for events
- Cleaning and dusting: Maintain the floors and dust all displays and artwork
- Teach: Prepare and demonstrate art classes for elementary school-age children
- Assistants for Classes: Help students follow teachers instructions
- Children’s crafts: Help create and make crafts at special events
- Newsletter production: Assist with writing and editing Center newsletter
If you have any questions, please call us at 253-445-9175 or toll free at 1-866-445-9175.
Please fill out the form below if you would like to volunteer.