Dear Friends of the Center,
What would we do without Friends like you? This has been an amazing year and we want to share some of the highlights with you because you helped make them possible:
• The children’s art classes increased by 24%.
• Scholarship Funding has continued to grow and we again have not turned away a single interested student.
• Adult classes and workshops have had increased enrollment.
• We had many Private Tours for students, adults & seniors.
• Wind Spirits Flute Circle continues to gather monthly.
• The Invitational Art Show doubled its entries and attendance.
• Fred’s Annual Birthday Breakfast Fundraiser was a wonderful success.
• Spring Fair found us greeting more visitors than ever who came to enjoy our Guest Artists.
• The Student Art Show & Scholarship Presentation showcased the amazing artwork created by our students.
• The Center enjoyed new behind the scenes much needed storage solutions.
• The Volunteers are working on a new Library system so the children & adults may check out our many wonderful educational books.
• Indian Summer Art Camp taught the kids about the American Indian Culture with art, song, stories and dance.
• Dirty Hands & Messy Faces Summer Art Camps doubled enrollment while allowing many children to explore all phases of art while having fun and letting their creative minds flourish.
• The Fall Fair had the best weather and attendance the Center has ever experienced. The Guest Artists were extremely pleased and we got to share our art class info with many!
• The Oldfield Art Show was extremely well received, featuring new artists from the western half of the US.
• The National Day of the American Indian & Indigenous People had numerous Craftsmen, Artists, Dancers & Storytellers sharing their talents with numerous families and guests of the Center.
• Numerous Private Events were enjoyed by a multitude of guests of the Center, so don’t forget the Center is available for rent for your private event.
We are only able to accomplish these things by the generous support of you, our members, donors and volunteers! As we look at the children and how we have helped enrich their lives, I ask that you consider the Heritage Center in your year end giving. Your gift will support all areas of the Western Heritage Center’s operations, continued art education, the preservation of all our artifacts, and the addition of more cultural events for the benefit of the entire community. As our gift to you, all gifts over $500 made by Dec. 31st will receive a limited edition Fred Oldfield print (a $125 value) which would make a perfect holiday present.
Please join us at the Center soon and Thanks for your continued support of the Heritage Center and for sharing Fred’s dream of helping transform the children’s lives through art and history!